"Leave it unwrapped in the fridge on a lower shelf. Pork cooks much better when the skin is dry (especially if you want to make crackling) so leaving uncovered helps the process. You can also use kitchen paper to dry the pork thoroughly, including the skin. Always throw the paper away once used for hygiene reasons."
About our Pork
- Full trimmed and hand tied
- Excellent crackling and ideal for roasting
- Stuffed with Calnan's apricot stuffing
1. Preheat oven to 220C (Gas Mark 7).
2. Rub the entire leg with salt making sure to rub it in well
3. Roast for 20 minutes at 200C (Gas Mark 6).
4. Reduce oven temperature to 180C (Gas Mark 4) and continue to roast for:
5.Remove the joint from the oven and rest for 20-30 minutes before carving.
Please note, the above is only a guide and ovens may vary in temperature